Music will most likely play a very important role in shaping your wedding or special event. Hiring the right a DJ in Lynchburg can seem stressful and even horrifying. Here are five steps to help you hire a DJ for your event.
1. Start early. When you hire DJ service, start as early as possible, many start a year before the actually wedding or event date. This will give you time to discuss the setting and tackle the details for your choice of DJ music and DJ entertainment service.
2. Consider the Experience. Professional experience is a factor to consider when hiring a DJ service. You will surely want to leave the hands of your wedding event to a wedding DJ service that will give it their best for the success of your wedding event.
3. Ask for references. This includes the past clients that your DJs have worked for. References may include video clips or photographs of their recent events.
4. Pricing. The usual going rate for disc jockeys for a four-hour can range from $500 up to $5,000, with the nation average being somewhere around $1,200. Remember price is only part of the equation, especially when it come to a “once in a lifetime event”, like your wedding. Make sure to hire a DJ that will be able to perform at the level you need them to.
5. Get References. References from recent events is a sure way to find out more about the DJ. This will give you the opportunity to ask a “real” client if they were happy and if they would recommend the DJ to you. Asking friends and family is one of the best places to start. It is also a great idea to ask the other wedding professionals you have already hired, since they usually have seen and/or work with local DJs.
If you keep these 5 tips in mind when searching for a DJ in Lynchburg, you will surely be well on your way to hiring a great DJ. Good Luck!